Monday, November 9, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN




We had a very fun October. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. We decorated the house and the kids had fun helping me. W carved pumpkins and instead of molding before Halloween they cooked in the hot weather. Talia wanted to do the spider but it ended up being too complicated so she helped more with the bat jack-o-lantern. Trent and Tucker did the traditional jack-o-lantern.



We were able to go to the Ward Halloween Party the Wednedsday before Halloween. Talia was a cave girl and Tucker was a skeleton. I didn't let him wear his mask so he let me paint his face and color his hair for the party. There was a chili and cornbread dinner with hotdogs for the kids. There was also an amazing Alice in Wonderland Haunted House. It was perfect for the kids and it was just a little scary. Tali and Tucker both went through it twice. We invited our neighbors, Meg, Lisie, and Zach, to the party and they came for the Haunted House and Trunk-Or-Treat. We all had a great time. We were so glad that our neighbors came.



Halloween morning was spent at the swimming pool. Talia participated in a smaller Halloween Swim Meet and did great. She got first in 2 of her 3 races. She has an excellent coach and he is really helping her to improve. I made a scary face pizza for dinner that night. Talia and Tucker loved the pizza. It is amazing what little things can make your children happy. After dinner we went trick-or-treating with the neighbors and we went for over 2 hours and the Talia and Tucker got TONS of candy. It was a very fun.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your kids are so cute, and I love the pizza! You are nice about your kids being in different schools and tracks- I think I would have come undone. I had a bus issue a month and a half after school started and I just lost it. Luckily, it was all resolved in the end. You are so brave to move all by yourself too, I'm a baby. I'm glad you guys are doing well. Would love to see you sometime!

Sally said...

Wow Trina - long posts! Lots to read! Moving is so hard - I feel for you and Jana! It sounds like you left lots of good friends behind. Because of the branch I attend (well used to) my friends all leave me so I don't have the same connections... anyway - the pizza was SO cute. I'm going to copy your idea sometime. The kids costumes were cool - Tucker didn't even look like Tucker! Are you guys any closer to buying a house?

Jana said...

How FUN! I am so happy you have started blogging again!

Betsy said...

I am glad you posted everything that has happened. Boogie boarding looks like so much fun. I love Talia costume, very creative. Can't wait to see, Ella asked to go see Talia and Tucker everyday.

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad for the long blog. I was wondering what you've been up to. I can't believe how many laps Talia swam in 45 minutes! She's amazing and I'm glad to hear she has a really good coach. There costumes were great too.

Camille said...

Love the costumes. It looks like you are all settled in California. How fun! Sorry to hear about your accident on that last trip. What a bummer. It sounds like you had some GREAT friends in Oregon, but I'm sure you'll find great friends in California. People like you always seem to be surrounded by good friends, you attract them. Good luck and keep in touch.

The Wendt Wagon said...

I can;t believe how big your kiddos are now. Seriously, I remember celebrating with you when Talia moved to her big girl car seat and out of the infant carrier. You have a sweet family.

Hilarie* said...

What cute kids. I like the costumes.. and poses in the pictures!!! I can't believe how much your kids have grown up!!! I guess that's the way life goes huh!?